- ↑ Epitome of Book I
- ↑ The writer was Alexandrian; the sophisticates in Deipnosophistae were at a banquet in Rome.
- ↑ See Library of Alexandria.
- ↑ Ssu-ma Ch'ien, Edited by William H. Nienhauser, Jr.; Translated by Tsai-fa Cheng, Lu Zongli, William H. Nienhauser, Jr., and Robert Reynolds. The Grand Scribe's Records Volume 1. The Basic Annals of Pre-Han China (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1995, ISBN 0253340217).
- ↑ The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World John L. Esposito (ed.) (Oxford University Press, 1995, ISBN 0195066138).
- ↑ George Haven Putnam, Books and Their Makers in the Middle Ages (Hillary, 1962).
- ↑ "Long Overdue: A Fresh Look at Public Attitudes About Libraries in the 21st Century" Public Agenda, 2006. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- ↑ Glen Holt, "Measuring Outcomes:Applying Cost-Benefit Analysis to Middle-Sized and Smaller Public Libraries." Library Trends 51 (3)(Winter 2003), 424-440.
- Esposito, John L. (ed.). The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World. Oxford University Press, 1995. ISBN 0195066138
- Nienhauser, William H… Jr. The Grand Scribe's Records Volume 1. The Basic Annals of Pre-Han China. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1995. ISBN 0253340217
- Putnam, George Haven. Books and Their Makers in the Middle Ages. Hillary House Publishers, 1962. ASIN B00CD77OAC
All links retrieved July 5, 2018.
- A directory of libraries throughout the world.
- Libraries of the World and their Catalogues compiled by a retired librarian.
- Libraries : Frequently Asked Questions.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions.
- A Library Primer, by John Cotton Dana, 1903, setting out the basics of organizing and running a library.
- "How did public libraries get started?" from The Straight Dope.
- Libraries, Catholic Encyclopedia.
- "Thoughtful Design Keeps New Libraries Relevant" from The Chronicle of Higher Education.