Collections of poetry published during Vernon Watkins' lifetime:
- The Ballad of the Mari Lwyd and Other Poems (1941) - Watkins' first volume of poetry and publication
- The Lamp and the Veil (1945)
- Selected Poems (1948)
- The Lady with the Unicorn (1948)
- The Death Bell (1954)
- Cypress and Acacia (1959)
- Affinities (1962)
The following are assortments of collected poems that were published after Watkins' death:
- Fidelities (1968)
- Uncollected Poems (1969)
- The Breaking of the Wave (1979)
- The Ballad of the Outer Dark (1979)
- New Selected Poems (2006) - selectively picked anthology of poems found in the
Watkins also translated European verse into English, including
- Heine's The North Sea (1955), and after his death,
- Selected Verse Translations was published in 1977.
- Evans, Philip. A History of the Thomas Family. Privately published, 1994
- Fitzgibbon, Constantine. 1965. The Life of Dylan Thomas. Boston. Readers Union. OCLC 367245
- Stanford, Donald E. 1983. British poets, 1914-1945. Dictionary of literary biography, v. 20. Detroit, MI: Gale Research Co. ISBN 0810317028
- Watkins, Vernon. The Anglo-Welsh review. 1958. Pembroke Dock: Dock Leaves Press.
All links retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Webster, Loren, The Real Job - Lorenwebster.